Never learned Linux? Want a refresh? Take this course to learn the basics of this popular open source operating system.
About This Course
Upon completion of this training you should have a good working knowledge of Linux from both a graphical and command line perspective, allowing you to easily navigate through any of the major Linux distributions. You will be able to continue your progress as either a user, system administrator or developer using the acquired skill set.
What you’ll learn:
- A good working knowledge of Linux
- How to navigate through major Linux distributions
- System configurations and graphical interface of Linux
- Basic command line operations
- Common applications of Linux
- Linux Fundamentals , OS Installation .
- Linux File System Hierarchy and structure
- Linux System Administration Introduction
- The GNU/Linux command line, basic commands and switches
- Text editors – Vi, Vim, gEdit, Nano, etc.
- Linux boot process,run levels, Processes and logs.
- File system concepts and use ,Partitioning
- File system security -SE Linux and Firewall
- User administration – Creating, Managing and maintaining user accounts and configuration files Locking and unlocking user accounts
- Scheduling Jobs for system and users-Using cron and at
- Installing software – Online and offline Installation, rpm packages
- Configuring YUM Software repository
- Basic Shell scripting and configuration
- Basic networking configuration
- Advanced Network Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Remote administration using SSH/Open SSH
- Linux File sharing concepts, NFS
- Configuring FTP